Akiva Community Day School is looking for an experienced part-time experienced elementary level 21st Century Learning Specialist. The 21st Century Learning Specialist administers the library program, which supports the curriculum and provides instruction, services and resources so that both students and teachers become lifelong, independent users of information in various formats.
Akiva School is a private, co-educational Kindergarten through 6th grade school that is dedicated to providing its students with the opportunity to learn about, analyze, and develop their identity as Jews and Americans in the world. Located in Nashville, TN, the school is dedicated to academic excellence in both General and Judaic Studies.
The Akiva 21st Century Learning Specialist provides accessible tools for students and staff to direct, enhance, and support the learning process. Knowledge of curricular areas is essential in order to serve the interdisciplinary needs of the learning community. It is the goal of the 21st Century Learning Specialist to work in a flexible environment, collaborating with staff, teaching skills to students and staff, and maintaining the holdings of the Media Center.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships with students, staff, and parents.
• Ability to select media to support the Akiva curriculum and provide access to a wide variety of materials which meet the needs of various learning situations.
• Ability to organize, catalogue, display, distribute and produce instructional materials.
• Knowledge and ability to teach information and technology literacy needed for learning.
• Ability to provide an environment conducive to quick accessibility, good study habits, and development of proficient media users.
• Knowledge of civil rights relating to free access to materials and copyright laws and models and communicates ethical and safe information seeking behaviors.
• Ability to be flexible in order to accommodate teachers, students, parents/guardians, and community members.
• Knowledge and ability to work with technology and assist integration in the classroom.
Teaching and Learning
• Is familiar with curriculum content and instructional practices within the building
• Collaborates with and coaches teachers to provide instructional strategies and resources in
teaching information and technology literacy skills.
• Promotes the development of good reading habits.
• Participates voluntarily in relevant growth activities.
• Is knowledgeable about current trends in education.
• Attends appropriate staff and department meetings.
• Uses current, recommended selection aids including multicultural/gender fair criteria.
• Solicits input from teachers and students concerning media needs.
• Selects and maintains media that will compliment and supplement curriculum.
• Selects materials for a variety of student/staff interests, learning styles and reading levels.
• Assists in the development and administration of building media budget.
• Eliminates outdated, inappropriate and unsuitable material
We are looking for someone with a passion for what they do and a commitment to strong communication with teachers, students, and parents. We look forward to meeting and speaking with any qualified candidate. We encourage interested applicants visit our website at www.akivanashville.net. Interested candidates should send a cover********************************rning Specialist in the heading.