The Director is responsible for managing a significant portfolio of donors, which includes individual, corporate, and foundation prospects. He/she will identify, research, and form a strategic solicitation plan and will maintain a personal relationship with donors in order to maximize their charitable and volunteer involvement. The Director operates primarily in Atlanta, however, encompasses Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, Kentucky and South Carolina. This position reports to the Executive Director, Eastern Region who is in Atlanta, GA.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Seven to ten years fundraising experience
• Knowledge of Chapter’s Jewish community, culture, traditions, Jewish communal services, Israel and current issues
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite and Raiser’s Edge
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills
Essential Job Duties:
• Identify, research, cultivate and personally solicit a portfolio of donors throughout the region focusing on all levels of giving.
• Develop and maintain a personal relationship as an account manager to maximize all development opportunities through both ongoing FIDF events and individualized approaches
• Research and develop prospects and cultivate and maintain relationships
• Update and maintain prospect management information in Raiser’s Edge.
• Coordinate regional events, including the annual Gala Dinner.
• Develop and expand smaller communities.
• Performs other responsibilities as requested.