Mission and Philosophy
The Shalom Hartman Institute is a leading center of Jewish thought and education, serving Israel and North America. Our mission is to strengthen Jewish peoplehood, identity and pluralism and ensure that Judaism is a compelling force for good in the 21st century.
Shalom Hartman Institute of North America (SHI NA) has an exciting opportunity for a motivated, organized, thoughtful, and detail-oriented individual to support programming directed toward teens, college students, students in gap-year college settings, and the professionals who teach those populations. Our programmatic work with these groups primarily centers around our iEngage curriculum – a project that has focused on elevating the existing discourse around the significance of Israel from a crisis-based focus to one rooted in Jewish values and ideas. This position requires someone who has exceptionally strong communication and relationship skills, and exceptional initiative, organizational skills, and flexibility. The ideal candidate for this position will also have an understanding of and commitment to SHI’s mission, attention to detail and follow through, and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks efficiently and excellently.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Supporting program operations and logistics – including tracking registration and attendance, preparing program materials and communications, setting up and managing zoom calls, managing catering and travel, and facilitating evaluation efforts and analysis;
• Maintaining an accurate record of program information and budget data, and analyzing it as needed;
• Supporting the development of programmatic content through formatting and editing text-based materials and taking notes as needed;
• Managing excellent relationships with program participants, and partnerships with external vendors.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Familiarity with or ability to learn zoom management or similar video conference platforms
• Familiarity with or ability to learn data collection platforms such as Salesforce
• Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented; able to manage multiple complex tasks
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Basic proficiency with Hebrew and Jewish texts a bonus
• Excellent interpersonal skills including a professional, customer-service oriented demeanor and responsiveness toward a variety of communication styles
• Passion for SHI NA’s mission
• Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-energy environment
• Track record of demonstrating sound judgment by making appropriate decisions and knowing when to take initiative in identifying problems and devising solutions
• Capable of working independently as well as collaboratively
• Capable of working closely and responsibly with both senior staff and scholars
• Inquisitiveness and an openness to learning, including content, technologies, and systems
• Good sense of humor
• Flexible work style with the ability to work under tight deadlines and with shifting priorities
• Ability to staff occasional evening and weekend programs
Education Level and Experience
• BA / BS or equivalent
• 1-4 years of work experience
Salary range and benefits: $45,000 - $50,000, commensurate with experience. Very competitive benefits package.