Maryland Hillel seeks a highly organized, detail-oriented professional with exceptional communications skills and strong initiative to serve as our Operations Manager. In this position, you will provide critical support to the day-to-day operations of Maryland Hillel. An ideal candidate would hold a Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of relevant experience in administrative, operations or office management and report to the Associate Executive Director.
What You’ll Do
Facilities Management Responsibilities
- Oversee general office and building upkeep, ensuring all spaces are well maintained.
- Oversee space usage: room reservations, rental, and room set-up for programs and activities for internal and external groups.
- Provide on-site operational support at student programs, including occasional Shabbat and holiday gatherings on evenings and/or weekends.
- Coordinate vendors, including custodial and maintenance.
- Maintain stock of office supplies, including scheduled ordering for office and programmatic supplies.
- Manage inventory and sales of Hillel promotional materials.
- Supervise front desk staff: schedules and project management oversight.
- Serve as first point of contact for visitors and guests entering the building, alongside front desk staff team.
Kosher Dining Responsibilities
- Facilitate coordination with dining services team and diners, maintaining excellent relationships with both.
- Communicate promptly, professionally, and effectively with dining services team and diners re: updates, weekly menus, special dietary needs, & general information. This includes coordination of catering and holiday meal communications: timing, costs, menus, etc.
- Building registration forms for meals, ensuring communicating accurate counts for meals in a timely, regular basis.
- Manage overall meal plan registration. Process includes: developing timeline, communications, building forms, payments and reimbursements.
- Oversee catering requests from start to finish, including ordering, dietary needs, logistics and payment.
- Work with kitchen manager to place vendor food and supply orders, ensuring timely delivery and payment.
- Support data management of student and donor records, maintaining database accuracy through data entry, event attendance uploads, creating and generating reports and maintaining clean records.
- Prepare and manage online registration forms for events and room reservations. This includes generating reports and serving as key liaison to individuals and groups completing forms, answering questions, and addressing issues.
What You’ve Accomplished
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in administration, operations and/or office management.
- Experience working in the Jewish community preferred, though not essential.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- Outstanding organizational skills; should enjoy developing systems, organizing documents, creating and implementing systematic workflows.
- Exemplary time management skills, including the capacity to juggle competing priorities and deadlines, and to remain flexible within an ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, always responding promptly, professionally and thoroughly.
- Ability to follow complex instructions and quickly learn new procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of essential computer software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Salesforce, Formstack, WordPress as well as the agility and resourcefulness to learn new technologies if unfamiliar.
- Inclination to take the initiative.
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $55,000 - $60,000.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability (LTD) insurances, Flexible Spending accounts, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
- A supportive and caring work environment.
About Maryland Hillel
Maryland Hillel, located in College Park, MD in close proximity to Washington, DC, enjoys a national reputation for its Jewish community, both due to its size with some 5,800 Jewish undergrads, and, more critically, due to the vibrancy of Jewish life on campus. A team of 9 professionals work in concert with Jewish students to facilitate a veritable menu of experiences and opportunities. Hillel strives to ensure that Jewish students derive meaning and value from connecting, in their individuated ways, with our tradition, heritage, and Israel. Maryland Hillel draws students to the University of Maryland from around the country with large contingents from Maryland, the tristate area, Florida and California. Following many years of growth, Hillel is conducting a capital campaign to construct a custom-built 40,000 square foot Jewish student center to continue to support this thriving Jewish community into the future.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Maryland Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.