The Aleph Institute is seeking to fill a critical role on our team by hiring a Donor Acquisition and Relationships Manager who will hold a major role in the organization’s fundraising efforts by leading efforts to connect with elusive potential donors and partners. The person appointed in this role will be asked to effectively research and synthesize potential donors' backgrounds, interests and influential circles, and to propose inroads for successful next steps for the development and shepherding of those donors. Applicants should have exceptional writing skills as well as strong research abilities and a knack for relationships building/maintenance and creative problem solving. We seek applicants who are able to consider philanthropists’ and public/political figures’ backgrounds and interests and think of new ways to engage them with Aleph’s work. We will consider both full-time and part-time applicants. Compensation commensurate with skillset and experience. Work can be performed remotely. Hours flexible, for the right fit.
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Main Responsibilities Include:
• Oversee the development of relationships with current and potential donors.
• Create and provide content for the development team or specific fundraisers to use in their interactions with donor leads, potential foundations, and professional partners to Aleph’s mission.
• Provide strategy and next steps for Aleph to reach out to new leads and engage them with Aleph’s work, as well as for lapsed donors, or donors who are midway through the development pipeline and may require additional strategy.
• Keep a general awareness of all the moving pieces within the organization, as well as the interests of the people who are connecting to Aleph in order to find and suggest relevant content or interactions for the director (and other senior employees) to hold with these potential donors.
• Input information into Aleph’s Raiser’s Edge database.
• Work as a team with the major gifts officer and other development team members in donor relations.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Great at written and inter-personal communication
• Skilled at building and maintaining relationships
• Able to think of creative ways to connect with people and foster relationships
• High-level of creativity and ingenuity
• Can-do, positive attitude
• Team-player mentality
• Observable past experiences with bringing people together, leading community involvement and/or instigating a social change