Havaya Summer Programs is looking for an engaging, motivated, experienced, hard-working, and creative fundraising professional to join our team as Development Director. This is a half-time position reporting to the Executive Director.
The Development Director will:
• In coordination with the Executive Director, develop and implement strategies for donor cultivation, solicitation, recognition, and ongoing stewardship.
• Hold primary responsibility for operationalizing annual fundraising plan.
• Engage board members in fundraising activities, including the Legacy Society.
• Identify and research new prospects.
• Support the Executive Director on all development work, including grant reporting.
• Dependent on experience, build individual relationships with, and solicit, a portfolio of mid-level ($1,800) donors.
• Coordinate closely with Reconstructing Judaism vis-à-vis individual donors and to ensure appropriate data entry, record keeping, pledge reminders, donor acknowledgements, etc.
• Represent Havaya Summer Programs at JCamp180, Foundation for Jewish Camp, and other convenings, as appropriate.
The ideal candidate:
• Has a 5+ year track record of successful accomplishments in fundraising, including relationship building and direct solicitations.
• Has intimate knowledge of the Jewish community, with experience in the Reconstructionist movement a plus.
• Is a self-starter who is able to multi-task and juggle competing priorities.
• Pays meticulous attention to detail.
• Is a collaborative and adept team player.
• Has excellent communication skills – in-person, on phone/video, and in writing.
• Is proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; Raiser’s Edge and Mailchimp a plus.
• Shares a deep commitment to supporting our diverse and celebratory community.
Havaya Summer Programs are incredibly diverse and accepting communities where all kids—no matter their race, sexual orientation, gender identity, family structure, or Jewish background—are more than welcomed. They’re celebrated! Especially in these challenging times when community is so important, we’re excited to build and strengthen a culture of philanthropy and continued connection amongst campers, staff, families, alumni, and friends.