The Lawrence Jewish Community Congregation (LJCC), located in Lawrence, KS, seeks a part-time director for its Religious School - an individual who can direct and coordinate all aspects of our religious school program, which includes weekly school lessons, family oriented services, and Hebrew tutoring. The director will supervise part-time teachers and report to the LJCC board. Required qualifications:
- At least one year of professional work experience in Jewish K-12 education
- Working knowledge of Jewish values, culture, religious practices and norms, holidays, and life-cycle events
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Technical fluency in areas of social media, online communication, and organizational software.
- Ability to be both a self-starter and a proactive collaborator with board members, teachers, and volunteers
- A strong work ethic, a sense of humor, and the willingness to take risks and learn from challenges
This position runs during the academic year through May 2021, or 8 months from the anticipated start date. Compensation is approximately $1,000 per month, depending on experience. Additional funds may be available for summer programming.
For a complete position description con******************** send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to same. Review of applications begins on September 30.