Overview of Position
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Communications Assistant will support development and marketing communications activities as Gateways continues to grow and expand its reach.
- Manage departmental assignments from inception to completion.
- Draft and edit content for a variety of purposes across the organization (e.g. social media posts, flyer text, impact stories for eblasts, thought/research pieces, etc.).
- Manage email communications to Gateways’ email list via mail server (i.e., Constant Contact).
- Manage online platforms including Gateways’ website, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts to further Gateways’ online presence and messaging.
- Regularly track and report on communications metrics (i.e., email open and click rates, social media activity, Gateways in the media, etc).
- Liaise with designer, printers, photographer, and other vendors as needed for various projects. Track price quotes and ensure projects remain within budget.
- Ensure conformity of all marketing materials and communications to Gateways’ branding standards.
- Contribute to and support overall communications planning and communications aspects of development plan.
- Support Gateways outreach, student recruitment and retainment communications with Gateways’ program staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA or higher degree in marketing, public media relations, communications, or related field.
- Proven work experience in marketing, communications, or similar.
- Strong organizational, planning, and writing/editing skills necessary.
- Proficient in MS Office; familiarity with content management systems (i.e., WordPress) is a plus.
- Understanding of media relations and digital media strategies.
- Ability to take initiative, set priorities, and to work independently and as a team player.
- Positive energy and open outlook, and a passion for Gateways’ mission.
- Understanding of the local Jewish community, including the network of day schools and synagogues, preferred.
- Must be flexible to work some evenings and some Sundays during the year.