POSITION: National Director, Alumni Affairs
ORGANIZATION: American Friends of Tel Aviv University (AFTAU)
LOCATION: New York, Los Angeles, or San Francisco Bay Area
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to the SVP, Development
ABOUT THE AMERICAN FRIENDS OF TEL AVIV UNIVERSITY:
American Friends of Tel Aviv University (AFTAU) pursues the advancement of Tel Aviv University (TAU) in the United States; raising money, awareness and influence through international alliances that are vital to the future of this impressive institution.
AFTAU is a national non-profit organization headquartered in New York City with offices in Chicago, Florida, Los Angeles and Northern California. Over the past five years, AFTAU overall has raised an average of just over $30 million annually with a staff of 22. AFTAU has set organizational goals to raise over $60 million in the upcoming five years and growing the Midwest region is a priority.
TEL AVIV UNIVERSITY AT A GLANCE:
Tel Aviv University is Israel's largest and most comprehensive institution of higher learning. It is home to more than 30,000 students studying in nine faculties and 125 schools and departments in the sciences, humanities and the arts.
Situated in Israel's cultural, financial and technological capital, TAU shares Tel Aviv's unshakable spirit of openness and innovation. It is a thriving Mediterranean center of excellence and discovery and boasts a campus life as dynamic and pluralistic as the metropolis itself.
Tel Aviv University is the first choice for Israeli students; its graduates are the most sought after by Israeli companies. TAU advances teaching and research that break down the walls between disciplines, striving to address the 21st century's most pressing challenges through bold, interdisciplinary solutions.
TAU has surpassed the halfway mark in a $1 billion Global Campaign that is designed to ensure that TAU remains at the forefront of academic research and global university rankings well into the future.
Be a part of the largest University in Israel – in the United States. Are you a native Hebrew speaker with an affinity for connecting the dots and connecting people? If so, this position is for you. Join American Friends of Tel Aviv University’s (AFTAU) vibrant team of marketing and development professionals to advance the global footprint of Tel Aviv University (TAU) with its alumni in the United States. Travel across the US to meet and engage TAU alumni wherever they live. Build programs that will create common ground for TAU alumni to connect and engage with one another and with TAU.
Alumni Affairs Strategy, Vision and Leadership
• Develop and grow a vibrant, connected TAU alumni community in the US, led by committed volunteers, by creating and implementing strategies to increase alumni engagement and donations.
o Develop activities, events, and program concepts to build a steady stream of meaningful alumni engagement opportunities to connect alumni back to the University.
o Build and lead a core group of local leaders who are passionate about TAU and will promote involvement with the University in their local communities.
o Leverage the core alumni group to engage the larger alumni community via a steady stream of leadership, networking, intellectual and social opportunities.
o Create leadership opportunities for alumni in order to identify and nurture AFTAU’s next leaders and members of the AFTAU Board of Directors.
o Increase alumni donations.
• Serve as liaison to AFTAU Board of Directors’ Alumni Committee.
• Coordinate with the University on alumni engagement and services.
• Work as part of a highly collaborative team of fundraising and marketing professionals to set strategy and goals for building and growing local alumni networks and an annual alumni campaign.
• Identify high net worth prospects and develop a strategy to actively engage these prospects within the larger organization.
• Grow and maintain accurate alumni database utilizing social media and marketing strategy.
• Initiate relationships with Jewish and Israeli organizations and government agencies, generating sponsorships and joint events.
• Create and manage sponsored social media campaigns to increase donations, promote virtual and in person event registration and increase database.
• Actively engage with TAU alumni online community by sharing relevant content and real-time monitoring of TAU-related news and activity on social media channels.
• Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with building alumni networks and/or in outreach and engagement activities building similar affinity groups.
• Comfortable with fundraising and knowledge of alumni campaigns.
• Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action.
• Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
• Ability to influence and engage volunteers and colleagues.
• Stature, gravitas, and confidence; excellent and persuasive communicator who can speak on behalf of the organization when needed.
• Self-starter and internally motivated.
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
• Strong project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Management experience; emotional intelligence.
• Ability to effectively interface with senior management, AFTAU’s Board of Directors and staff.
• Passion for TAU’s mission, TAU alumni a plus.
• Flexible; able to work evenings, weekends and travel.
• Native Hebrew speaker and fluent English speaker and writer.
• Raiser’s Edge experience a plus.
• Social media native.
• Applicants must be based in either New York City, Los Angeles or San Francisco.
COMPENSATION: Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
American Friends of the Tel Aviv University is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email nominations or applications (cover letter and resume**************