For Temple Religious School
OBJECTIVE and REQUIREMENTS: Provide support to the Temple, Temple Educator and the Temple Religious School by assuming responsibility for a broad range of administrative tasks and project-based work. Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction. Position requires initiative, understanding of and adherence to policies and procedures, facility with several computer programs, and discretion in dealing with data, students and parents. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel is required.
SCHOOL RESPONSIBILITIES of this position are fluid, as needs arise, but include:
• Provide administrative support to Temple Educator and teachers as required, including answering phone lines; receiving and directing visitors; and acting as first line of inquiry for students, parents and teachers.
• Perform general clerical duties including developing and maintaining electronic and hard copy filing system (e.g., class lists and attendance records); retrieving documents from filing system; and handling requests for information and data.
• Assist the Temple Educator in establishing academic year timeline of predictable and time sensitive tasks and serve as reminder for reoccurring paperwork and planning demands.
• Create and modify documents such as correspondence, emails, drafts and flyers and prepare written responses to routine inquiries.
• Collect and maintain inventory of classroom textbooks and supplies and ensure effective distribution of all materials.
• Set up all materials necessary for family education programs and young families programs.
• Responsible for safety during Religious School hours, including first aid, snow issues, and traffic/parking lot.
• May conduct research and/or compile data for assigned project?based work.
• Order and pick-up supplies as necessary.
• Be the first point of contact for all calls made to the Temple and field appropriately.
HOURS: It is understood that Temple and Religious School Assistant will be present in the building during all hours that Religious School is in session, including Sunday mornings, or has special programs, such as Consecration and Confirmation. Religious School is in session three days during the week, in the afternoon.
Part-time Position- 20 hours per week.