Metro Chicago Hillel (MCH) seeks a dynamic and detail-oriented individual to serve as its next Operations Coordinator. This role impacts every aspect of MCH’s work. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, they are responsible for tracking gifts and expenditures, supporting program logistics, and sending out regular newsletters to students and other stakeholders, and generally supporting the work of MCH and Silverstein Base Hillel. The Operations Coordinator works with talented colleagues to further Hillel’s mission to inspire every student interested in Judaism at our schools to make a meaningful and enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
What You’ll Do
- Financial and General Responsibilities (Act as primary point of contact for all facility-related vendors; Manage all payments to external vendors and constituents; Track all expenses and grant requests; Review staff expense reports to ensure consistency; Order MCH merchandise, business cards, etc.; Manage staff Google calendar (holidays, staff meetings/events, etc.); Check MCH email weekly for donations, general info, etc; Work with IT company to resolve technology issues; Set up laptops emails for new staff with CMIT.)
- Engagement Logistics and Reporting (Work with the engagement and Base Hillel teams to support them as needed; Manage logistics like ordering food and supplies and securing space for programs that span more than one campus (MCH-wide events); Produce student engagement reports and add contact reports to engagement database.)
- Communications (Send out biweekly student newsletter; Produce development materials; Collaborate on maintaining MCH and Base website and social media pages.)
- Resource Development (Directly support JUF campaign integration on an ongoing basis in addition to mandatory campaign-related activities; Track all donations, grants and program income; Produce donor reports as needed.)
What You’ve Accomplished
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution required.
- Knowledge of Jewish community, culture, heritage, traditions and Jewish Communal Services, required.
- Strong written and verbal skills, effective at communicating with a variety of stakeholders including students, parents, alumnae/i, and university partners.
- Accomplished organizational and time management skills.
- Strong data analysis and budgeting skills.
- A serious work ethic, sense of humor, and willingness to take risks and learn from unexpected situations.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including some evenings (on a weekly basis), weekends, and holidays.
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $35,000-$40,000.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability (LTD) insurances, Flexible Spending accounts, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
About Metro Chicago Hillel
Metro Chicago Hillel is creating a cohesive vibrant Jewish community across Chicago campuses and throughout the city. We serve almost two thousand students at DePaul University, Loyola University Chicago, Columbia College Chicago, The University of Illinois at Chicago, Northeastern Illinois University, Illinois Institute of Technology, Roosevelt University, School of the Art Institute, Oakton Community College, and Lake Forest College. Metro Chicago Hillel is part of the Hillels of Illinois, a department of the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Metro Chicago Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.