The primary and essential duties/responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Ensure that all Psycho-educational evaluations are up to date and have the correct accommodations/modifications.
* According to the evaluations, and in order for students to receive accommodations, write DETAILED accommodations for the teachers to implement in the classroom.
* Show each accommodation plan to the AEP Director before issuing it to teachers.
* Ensure faculty follow through-on the above accommodations/modifications and weekly updates given to AEP Director.
* Moderate a homeroom and elective periods with students that fall into AEP (Academic Enhancement Program)—to work on study skills, organization, homework, etc.
* Proctor tests for students who require extra time and other accommodations with strong proctoring plan in place before the school year begins (especially final exams).
* Assist the teachers with making modifications or accommodations to tests and/or assignments. Need to set up specific meeting times (in advance) to teach the teachers weekly on strategies to help differentiate instruction.
* Approved plan in place for midterms and finals prior to the school year beginning.
* In order to ensure student privacy, all information related to specific students as well as their academic plan will remain confidential.
* Keep daily documentation regarding student progress.
* Complete monthly communication sheets and email them to families.
* Provide small group instruction to students in math, English, Ivrit or Judaic Studies
* Work together with the classrooms teachers in order to ensure curricular continuity
The successful candidate will have the following dispositions:
• embrace a warm and inquisitive faculty culture focused on advancing Hebrew Academy’s mission.
• embrace ongoing professional development
• convey patience and empathy with adolescents and colleagues.
• be self-reflective, able to work independently, and committed to professional growth.
• possess a ready and willing sense of humor.
• have excellent communication skills.
• embrace working with a diverse student population.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
• possess an understanding of current teaching best practices and child/adolescent development
• model flexibility in both implementing best learning practices and pursuing success for each student
• demonstrate fluency with academic technology that advances learning for students
• personalize instruction and assessment to maximize student learning.
• embrace joining a passionate team of educators and seek to contribute a unique perspective.
• create a stimulating and challenging learning environment with an emphasis on student learning.
• develop a strong rapport with students.
• develop excellent classroom culture incorporating the use of fair and consistent standards.
• identify students who need additional academic assistance and be able to refer such students appropriately.
• provide opportunities for student expression using spoken, written, and electronic forms of communication.
• develop lessons that engage students in higher order thinking
• provide a safe learning environment in which students can take intellectual risks.
• create an environment that fosters a growth mindset
• encourage students to set realistic goals and to use their time in a constructive and balanced manner.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
The Rabbi Alexander S. Gross Hebrew Academy (http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx is a Modern Orthodox Jewish day school located in Miami Beach, Florida. Hebrew Academy has 570 students spanning Early Childhood through grade 12.
The mission of the Hebrew Academy is to Through the light of the Torah and academic excellence, the Hebrew Academy inspires each and every child to improve the world.
The Hebrew Academy community seeks innovative, knowledgeable, inspiring and committed teachers.
*To expedite your candidacy, please submit a short video clip of you teaching in addition to a short video introducing yourself *
We invite you to consider a teaching career at the Hebrew Academy.
If you are int*****************