Mission Critical: This position is critical to the mission and vision of USCJ, because its primary role is to perform as the number two person in Human Resources Department, facilitating smooth workflows and employee engagement for the department and assisting the Sr. Director of Human Resources as they move forward in the evolution of the management of human capital for USCJ.
Position Purpose: The purpose of the Human Resources and Employee Engagement Assistant will be to assist the Human Resources Director in all HR facets. This position will start as a remote position.
Reports to: Sr. Human Resources Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties of the Human Resources /Employee Engagement Assistant shall include but not be limited to the following;
• Manage administration of New Hire On-boarding Process
• Facilitates and manages all background checks (800) for all new employees and all volunteers system wide
• Collect and enter personal information in HRIS and coordinate paperwork with Payroll.
• Serve as a liaison between New Hire, Hiring Manager and IT/Operations teams for first-day logistics •
• Complete Form I-9 and verify documentation
• Review and process New Hire benefit enrollments within HRIS submit election information to benefit vendor
• Send instructions for benefit enrollment and other new hire training
• Process terminations, address changes and mid-year benefit changes in HRIS,
• HRIS Administration and reporting create reports within HRIS as needed
• Enter and log performance management documents
• Assist the SDHR to ensure the confidentiality and proper retention of employee data and documentation.
• Provide technical support, troubleshooting and guidance to HRIS users
• Train and assist on the Time & Attendance function for Hourly Employees
• Manage COBRA changes
• Assist Sr. Director process monthly invoices for all benefit plans
• Complete requests for verbal and written Employment Verification
• Assist with planning of company-wide culture events and training sessions- create and send invites,
• Coordinate volunteering efforts for day of service activities act as point of contact to external organizations
and manage employee participation--
• Assist the SDHR in the creation of a work environment and culture that reinforces our organizations
mission and core values
• Assist in the development and implementation of employee events and programs to
achieve desired engagement
• Assist the SDHR to leverage internal communication vehicles to ensure employee awareness,
understanding and participation in programs and process improvement related to increasing engagement
and building a positive work experience.
• Assist SDHR Conduct employee engagement surveys; analyze and distribute results
• Process all HR billing related to all medical invoices
• Process all HR billing related to legal fees in collaboration with SHRD
• Reconciliation of all credit card billing for the HR department
• Updating benefit enrollments into the on line insurer system
• Set up interviews and coordinate schedules for talent acquisition process
• Proof reads and edits
• Assist in payroll record audits
• Assist in workmen’s compensation claims
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong computer and PC and internet skills.
• Must have excellent writing, editing and proof writing skills
• Must be able to work independently.
• Strong Time Management Skills and the ability to prioritize workload functions in order to meet
objectives and challenges of corporate office environment.
• Clear understanding of the functions and mission of USCJ.
• Strong communication skills.
Education and work Experience:
• Bachelor Degree
• Experience in employee engagement practices
• The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in human resources/administration
and support of an Executive Human Resources Professional.
• Experience within a project driven environment.
• Must have strong HRIS experience