Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Executive Director, NY Tri-State Region, this role provides high level administrative support to the NY Tri-State team for all administrative functions that support and enable a high-functioning team to achieve major gift fundraising success.
This is an exciting job opportunity to join a dynamic team of highly motivated, resourceful, outstanding professionals.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assist the Executive Director and Directors of Development in establishing and maintaining on-going donor and prospect relationships
through drafting of letters and other correspondence.
• Respond to inquiries about the Weizmann Institute of Science and send out information when requested.
• Coordinate mailings to donors and prospects as needed.
• Prepare necessary documentation for all monetary contributions received including various acknowledgement materials (i.e., thank you
letters) on a timely basis.
• Responsible for data entry in Raiser's Edge and NXT on the above items in coordination with NY Tri-State team.
• Maintain and update fundraising database to ensure donor and prospect records are complete and accurate including address
changes/updates and other data.
• Generate mailing lists and run donor reports from the Raiser’s Edge /NXT database.
• Organize, coordinate, and implement events and programs in-person and virtually as directed by and in collaboration with the NY Tri-State
team and other stakeholders.
• Compile lists of scientists, hosts, and guests using Raiser’s Edge.
• Track attendance and follow-up after events.
• Coordinate food and beverage, A/V, IT, and other related work for all events.
• Prepare bios of participants attending small meetings.
ADMINISTRATIVE AND CLERICAL:
• Type correspondence, meeting agendas, and reports.
• Record meeting minutes; revise as necessary and prepare final copy for distribution.
• Draft correspondence including acknowledgment letters/thank you notes, invitations, and announcements.
• Record compliance reports as needed.
• Conduct basic donor and prospect research inquiries utilizing database. Provide general writing, editing, and proofing of documents, as
requested by the regional Executive Director and Directors of Development.
• Assist the Executive Director and Directors of Development with computer issues.
• Organize and maintain office files and records.
• Process department invoices and expense reimbursements.
• Answer and direct incoming phone calls and mail distribution for department. Coordinate and generate mailings; create mail merges.
• Organize and maintain department files.
• Work occasional evenings as needed.
• Special projects, as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Minimum 3 years comparable work experience.
• Experience and knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge/NXT software a must.
• Strong computer skills, including experience in all MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Excellent written, oral communication and proofreading skills. Grammatical accuracy essential.
• Ability to perform administrative tasks at a high level, and to work independently on self-directed projects as well as part of a team.
• Exercises sound judgment and acts independently when necessary.
• Ability to adjust and be flexible in meeting changing priorities, work needs, and demands.
• Ability to multi-task and demonstrate efficient time management skills. Ability to prioritize workload.
• Organized with attention to detail, with strong follow-through ability and pro-active initiative.
• Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills; articulate and comfortable dealing with staff and with donors at all levels.
• Energetic and resourceful team player.
ACWIS is an equal opportunity employer.