Hillel International is seeking two passionate and driven marketing and fundraising professionals to serve as the Campus Marketing and Development Manager. This is an exciting new position with an opportunity to make an immediate impact on the lives of more than 10,000 Jewish college students.
We will be hiring for two available positions to work with three campuses each. The campus marketing and development managers will be responsible for supporting the grassroots fundraising and marketing efforts of:
• Arizona State University Hillel, the University of Florida Hillel and the University of Vermont Hillel
• University of Arizona Hillel, Berkeley Hillel, and Hillel at Stanford University
Top candidates will have a strong background in digital marketing and/or fundraising, with an emphasis on writing and design, developing impactful campaigns and using data-driven strategies to produce results.
This position will report to the Vice President of Marketing for Hillel International and will be based at the Schusterman International Center in Washington D.C., although remote candidates will be considered. The salary range for this position is $55,000-$65,000 per year.
What You’ll Bring to the Position
• 2-5 years of work experience in marketing and/or fundraising
• History of planning and executing successful digital and multichannel campaigns
• Excellent written communication skills
• Superior organizational, planning and project management skills; must be detail-oriented
• Sophisticated understanding of audience segmentation and using data to inform decision-making
• Experience creating content for digital and social media
• Knowledge of email marketing platform(s) such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar programs
• Graphic design and photo editing experience using the Adobe suite, Canva, or similar software
• Familiarity using a database or CRM to build reports and/or segment audiences
• Passion for entrepreneurship and pioneering new projects
• Connection to Jewish life and/or Hillel
What You'll Own
• Lead planning, implementation, and execution of multichannel fundraising and marketing campaigns including:
- Digital and social media fundraising
- Direct mail fundraising program
- Giving Tuesday, Hillel Global Giving Week and campus Giving Days
- Telefund strategy and management of vendor(s)
• Create an annual grassroots fundraising and marketing campaign calendar, including stewardship touchpoints, appeal and renewal messaging, and email newsletters
• Optimize campaigns for cadence, messaging, and segmentation to maximize income
• Lead direct response fundraising when opportunities arise
• Incorporate A/B testing, personalization and other digital marketing best practices
• Create digital and social media advertising campaigns on Facebook/Instagram and other platforms, optimizing copy, images/video, and audiences for conversion
• Use reporting tools to measure and monitor the progress of the overall campaigns in order to meet or exceed fundraising goals
• Successfully manage concurrent timelines and campaigns for all three Hillels
• Potential to provide leadership and mentoring to marketing and development student interns
What You’ll Get out of the Position
• Competitive salary, benefits and vacation time, including:
- 3 weeks of vacation leave and 3 weeks of sick time as well as parental leave. Hillel also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan.
• Opportunities for professional development and continuing education
• The ability to lead and grow new initiatives from the ground up? with support from senior management
Hillel International Marketing Team Values
• Hard Work – Going above and beyond to reach our goals
• Data-Informed Decisions – Using past results to inform decisions and support future outcomes
• Creativity – Working collaboratively to turn good ideas into great ideas
• Preparation – Planning ahead allows us to do our best work and to be flexible in the moment
• Gratitude – Acknowledging and thanking our partners, both internal and external. It takes a village.
About Hillel International
Founded in 1923, Hillel has been enriching the lives of Jewish students for more than 90 years. Today, Hillel International is a global organization that welcomes students of all backgrounds and envisions a world where every Jewish student makes an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel. Hillel is dedicated to enriching the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world. As the largest Jewish student organization in the world, Hillel builds connections with emerging adults at more than 550 colleges and universities and inspires them to direct their own path. During their formative college years, students are challenged to explore, experience, and create vibrant Jewish lives.
About Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center
Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center (SIC) which has multiple offices throughout the world including in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Jerusalem, helps local Hillels in the areas of institutional advancement, strategic planning, leadership development, fundraising, talent, fiscal administration, student engagement and communications.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.