We are looking for an enthusiastic Volunteer Coordinator to join our team. This position may be either part-time or full-time, and is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the volunteer programs associated with the Friendship Circle of Miami and the Chabad of Kendall.
The ideal candidate will be a smart, high-energy, self-starter who combines organizational acumen and professionalism with a love of Jewish heritage, familiarity with Jewish culture, knowledge of the local Jewish community, and experience in and dedication to promoting pluralistic values.
This position requires a well-organized individual that possesses excellent interpersonal skills both in a group setting and on an individual basis. The Volunteer Coordinator is supported by an administrative assistant and will manage a volunteer program through recruitment efforts, volunteer training programs and supervision. This person needs enthusiastic social skills and the ability to interact well with teens, children and adults.
• Recruit, interview and place applicants for volunteer work
• Work with social, civic and local organizations to develop partnerships, where appropriate, to develop and/or utilize volunteers.
• Develop and implement training and orientation programs for all volunteers.
• Coordinate Chabad’s C Teen group including twice a month programs to foster relationships with the teens and grow the program.
• Develop and implement a volunteer recognition program.
• Help manage volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service
• Organize and participate in volunteer recognition programs and special events
• Evaluate all aspects of volunteer programs to ensure effectiveness and to recommend/implement changes as appropriate
• Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports
• Host and attend recruiting events within the community to attract qualified candidates
• Develop and maintain relationships with other volunteer organizations within the area
• Provide ongoing support and guidance for volunteers
• Act as a single point of contact for volunteer communications
• Create and distribute various communications and publications
• Conduct tours of the Friendship Campus as needed or requested
Preferred Education and Experience
Our volunteers are extremely important to us, and we want to make sure the person in charge or this area is caring and finds in extremely important to celebrate our volunteers. We are looking for someone who possesses excellent communication skills, is service minded, and has exceptional organizational skills.
• Prior experience managing and implementing volunteer programs a plus
• Customer service orientation to work both with internal and external clients and exercise a high degree of diplomacy, discretion and problem-solving skills
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and perform a wide variety of tasks over the course of the workday; must be accurate and conscientious
• Self-motivated, flexible and able to work well in a fast-paced team environment
• Ability to work independently and with professional discretion
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Committed to, and enthusiastic about, the mission and vision of Friendship Circle
The salary for this position is highly competitive and commensurate with experience and expertise, plus generous paid time off policy.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This may be either a part-time (25-30 hours) or full-time position. Full-time days and hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., part-time hours are 12:30 to 5:30 pm. Position requires some evening and half-day work on every other Sunday during the school year, with compensatory time off provided during the week.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Please submit your cover letter, salary requir*************************cle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Friendship Circle encourages applications from qualified persons of every race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, and disability.