GatherDC’s NoVA Community Director will help hundreds of 20s/30s across Northern Virginia (NoVA) connect to Jewish life, build lasting friendships, and discover meaningful Jewish identities. Rather than planning traditional Jewish programs, this person will focus on developing deep relationships, creating alternative Jewish experiences, and forming strategic partnerships with Jewish NoVA organizations to enrich Jewish NoVA life.
If you are a passionate people-person and hardworking community leader with 3-6+ years of relevant work experience - please apply. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
P.S. Unsure if you’re the right fit or have enough experience? Please still apply. You might just be the person we’ve been waiting for!
WHO WE ARE:
• GatherDC is the central platform for post-college/pre-family Jewish life across the DC-area. We strengthen the fabric of Jewish life by helping Jews in their 20s and 30s connect to Jewish organizations and to each other.
WHO YOU ARE:
• Someone with 3-6+ years work experience in nonprofit or community building fields.
• A hardworking self-starter who thrives both independently and as part of a team.
• A natural people-person with an outgoing, professional demeanor.
• A critical thinker who loves exploring new perspectives with an open mind.
• An innovator who isn’t afraid to bring bold ideas to the table and take risks.
• A flexible, collaborative team-player who can juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• An organized leader who comes up with an idea and successfully brings it to fruition.
• Someone with a desire to help 20/30s across NoVA find a place to belong in Jewish life.
• A capable, tech savvy individual who has experience with (or the ability to quickly learn) Salesforce, Form Assembly, and using data to drive work.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Immerse yourself in community engagement
• Meet with hundreds of 20s/30s for coffee chats and manage an extensive 1:1 engagement portfolio with young adults across Jewish NoVA.
• Represent GatherDC at Jewish community functions around NoVA.
• Form strategic partnerships with local organizations who serve Jewish NoVA
• Support GatherDC’s Communications Director in evolving Jewish NoVA’s online presence and digital resources.
Manage GatherDC’s NoVA initiatives
• Oversee the planning, implementation, follow-up, and evaluation of curated gatherings across Jewish NoVA (e.g. leadership fellowship, happy hours, alternative Jewish holiday celebrations).
• Help Jewish NoVA’s 20s/30s organize peer-led experiences.
• Form strategic partnerships with local organizations who serve Jewish NoVA.
Be an integral part of the team
• Champion data management through our Salesforce system.
• Execute office tasks as needed, including logistical preparation for meetings and events, database input, etc.
• Support staff with the creation and facilitation of GatherDC experiences.
PLEASE DON’T APPLY IF:
• You don’t like making new friends.
• You hate change.
• You dislike learning and growing.
• You aren’t awesome.
BENEFITS & SALARY:
• We offer a competitive salary ranging from $60,000 - $68,000 depending on experience.
• Amazing benefits include: professional development budget, team lunch and learns, ample vacation and sick leave, Jewish holidays off, great healthcare, 401K, highly valued work/life balance, and getting to work with the best people ever.
• We’re also fully set up for remote work during the Covid-19 pandemic, in the future we hope you will join us for some days in the GatherDC townhouse in Dupont but mostly excited to have you among the community in Virginia.
GatherDC welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, races, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, and religious identities.