The Solomon Schechter Day School of Bergen County is looking for a Senior Coordinator of Marketing & Communications to join our Institutional Advancement team. We are seeking a passionate and collaborative individual who is a self-starter, social-media savvy, a creative thinker, a team player and a strong communicator. The position will report into the Director of Development and the Director of Admissions and will drive the school’s marketing strategy, specifically supporting the needs of recruitment and fundraising, website content and social media, and working on PR initiatives.
* Coordinate all marketing and communications initiatives including, but not limited to, media relations, writing, editing, digital content (website and social media), internal and external communications.
* Generate and coordinate all communications going out to school families, particularly the weekly e-newsletter, including news writing, photography and layout.
* Coordinate all marketing materials, including an admissions “view book”, ads for local papers, invitations to school events and the annual report.
* Identify, write and coordinate submissions for weekly PR opportunities in area media outlets to increase the school’s visibility in the community.
* Support the development and coordination of the annual strategic marketing plan.
* Work to develop and implement a digital media plan (social media and website), setting timelines and priorities.
* Write, edit and post content for SSDS website and social media channels.
* Ensure that the school’s social media presence (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc) effectively advances the marketing goals of the school.
* Actively build and maintain relationships with community partners, media outlets, and other stakeholders.
* Create and edit short videos for social media, public relations, internal communications and SSDS Website.
* Work on special projects, initiatives, promotions and other programs as needed.
Qualifications & Skills
* Bachelor’s degree preferred with 2-5 years experience in Marketing, Communications and Public Relations.
* Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills (social media, web, and print.)
* In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
* Ability to prioritize, multi-task and take ownership of projects.
* Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Knowledge of Adobe Suite (LightRoom, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and iMovie is a plus.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email shown in the apply directions- with the subject “Marketing Sr. Coordinator”.
About Solomon Schechter Day School of Bergen County (SSDS)
Located nine miles from the George Washington Bridge, SSDS is a nationally accredited Jewish day school (with students age three through eighth grade) that cultivates independent thinkers and the next generation of global leaders through an inquiry-based educational approach. Now in our 46th year, SSDS successfully integrates a rigorous dual curriculum with Jewish values-based moral development, and provides a warm, nurturing environment guided by award-winning educators.