Our Vision: Our open community creates engaging & diverse Jewish pathways for Tikkun haNefesh (improving our lives) & Tikkun Olam (improving our world).
Temple Beth-El of St. Petersburg, Florida, seeks a full-time Director of Education and Family Programming to be our educational leader to further develop and direct our innovative K-12 educational program, creating novel approaches to youth and family engagement. The successful candidate will need to be creative and flexible to lead the school, teaching team and families through a time of unprecedented challenge and change, and be open to exploring flexible models such as small group gatherings, as well as forming digital and hybrid communities of engagement and Jewish education.
Our newly restructured Sunday Seekers program and innovative classroom design presents the successful candidate with many opportunities to grow our program, while demonstrating the ability to build relationships, engage all stakeholders, lead collaboratively, and nurture a spirited environment of Jewish living and learning. The Director of Education and Family Programming will work closely with Rabbi Michael Torop and the Temple Beth-El Program Team in mission driven and values-based program development.
1. TBE’s K-12 educational program, including staff supervision and administrative oversight and leadership, development and implementation of the Hebrew and Judaic curricula, as well as ensuring efficient operations to support the program
2. Family education experiences relating to the school curriculum and calendar
3. Family engagement programming for the High Holy Days and other congregational holiday celebrations
4. Supervision of the Director of Youth Engagement
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communications and technology skills, possess an entrepreneurial spirit, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and work well both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
Specifically, we seek applicants with the following:
• Degree, training or experience in Jewish education, innovative programming and community leadership
• Competency in Jewish knowledge and culture
• Effective leadership, supervision and management skills
• Proficiency in a range of digital platforms including Microsoft Office, Google Classroom, Zoom Video Conferencing, and various social media
• Innovative and creative ideas
• Ability to be organized and possesses a strong sense of accountability
• (Preferred) background or prior experience in the Reform movement (formal or informal educational programs, community or synagogue-based organizations)
Start date: July 1, 2020
Standard Employee Benefits: health insurance, paid leave, and professional development
Please submit resume and indication of interest to our
Search***********************in St. Petersburg, Florida (Tampa Bay / West Central FL) is a URJ affiliated Reform synagogue of 350 member families. We are a warm and welcoming congregation that values the participation of our diverse membership in building sacred community. Please visit our website or find us on Facebook to learn more about our community -- (www.templebeth-el.com) or (http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please feel free to contact Rabbi Michael Torop directly for more information @ (727) 347-6136.