Temple Bat Yahm, a vibrant Reform congregation in Newport Beach, CA, is looking for a Director of Youth Engagement. The ideal candidate will be inspiring, energetic, creative, responsible and relational. We are also looking for someone who comes from a NFTY and/or Reform Jewish camp background and is social-media savvy. The Director of Youth Engagement engages teens, children and families of preschool and school-aged children meaningfully, building relationships, connecting them to the temple and creating programs that help achieve these goals.
· Creating engaging programming for youth and their families
· Reaching out to new members with school-aged children and connecting them to the community
· Running fun, Jewish, community-building programs for our youth groups:
o MOBY (K-2nd grade)
o KOBY (3rd – 5th grade)
o JOBY (6th – 7th grade)
· Advising our senior youth group, TTOBY (Temple Teens of Bat Yahm, 8th – 12th grade), including: building relationships with all members; developing meaningful programming for teens; helping implement programs and leadership transitions; and nurturing the current and next generation of leadership
· Running our Purim Carnival
· Supporting the Director of the Jewish Center for Arts and Learning, our religious school, in developing and running family programs
· Assisting senior staff to coordinate, develop and implement the Synagogue’s programming initiatives, including youth and young families, social action, adult education, and other community-wide programming
The Director of Youth Engagement will work with our educational and leadership team to accomplish the objectives of building relationships with and within all of our youth communities. This full-time position reports to the Director of JCAL.
This position can be tailored to a candidate’s strengths and interests, and may include formal teaching opportunities, song leading, supervising and running our Madrichim (teaching aides) Program, producing our youth theater program, leading a specialty (art/music/dance) in JCAL, family/holiday programming, etc.
Submit resume and cover letter explaining your Jewish and youth leadership background and other qualifications to Mark Gulner****************