Director of Institutional Advancement, YU High Schools
Job No: 493730
Work Type: Staff Full-time
Department: Yeshiva Univ High Schools - Admin
Location: Wilf Campus, 500 West 185th Street, NY, NY
The Director develops and implements fundraising plans and alumni activities for the YU High Schools. This includes the identification, cultivation and solicitation of gift prospects. Identifies and cultivates potential new members for the Board and works with the Board, administrators and faculty to strategize fundraising, programming, plan special events, is instrumental in providing stewardship to donors and assists with alumni outreach and development. Plans fundraising events including an Annual Dinner of Tribute and several reunions.
• Develop and implement fundraising plans and solicit gifts
• Work with administrators, heads of schools, faculty, lay leaders and students to identify, cultivate prospects, and strategize solicitations
• Steward prospects and donors. Identify donor needs and responsibilities. Prepare and organize letters, meetings, site visits and collateral materials. Follow up all meetings and events
• Demonstrated success in securing major gifts
• Staff and manage Board and committees. Cultivate and nurture relationships with individual board members. Plan agendas in tandem with Deans, Board Chairs, administrators and others. Develop continuity, including Chair’s remarks and committee reports. Create collateral materials for meetings
• Work to get students, alumni and parents involved. Set goals, agendas, meeting dates, materials, and follow up
• Recruit speakers for alumni events and other fundraising initiatives
• Develop a comprehensive alumni program for the High Schools, including planning alumni events, coordinating reunions and overseeing alumni committees
• Attend University development staff meetings. Help staff other school’s events
• Plan High School Annual Dinner of Tribute
• Organize fundraising events such as scholarship campaigns, parent events, and other donor-based initiatives
• Organize YUHS Annual Fund solicitations
Experience & Educational Background:
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5-7 years experience fundraising including working with donors and managing events
Skills & Competencies:
• High level of energy and a self-starter
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Ability to work within a team
• Influences the behavior of others through effective communication
• Identifies and cultivates relationships with key constituents across campuses, functions and levels, as well as external contacts
• Assures that effective controls are developed and maintained to ensure the integrity of the organization
• Seeks input, meets expectations and maintains communication with the client
• Recognizes strategic opportunities to enhance University success
To apply, visit http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs 2,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and have access to a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.