The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Arie Crown Hebrew Day School’s fundraising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events, tax scholarship program, and current capital campaign. The Director of Development works closely with The Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
• Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
• Grow our major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
• Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
• Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
• Direct capital campaign efforts
• Coordinate fundraising special events.
• Oversee prospect research.
• Work closely with Head of School, Executive Director, and Board of Directors.
• Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
• Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
• Supervise and collaborate with other professional staff and development consultants.
• Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising activities.
• Maintain gift recognition programs.
• Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
• Perform other related duties as requested.
• Must embrace the mission of Torah Im Derech Eretz - to provide a comprehensive religious and secular education in a setting that enables our students to grow in good middos, Torah learning and devotion to Yiddishkeit.
• Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
• Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
• Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
• Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
• Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
• Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
• Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
• A bachelor’s degree.
• 2 years minimum experience in professional fundraising or similar field.
Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.