Columbia/Barnard Hillel is seeking an organized, detail oriented, and friendly professional to serve as our Office Manager. The Office Manager is responsible for the day-to-day functioning of our entire organization. From greeting prospective students to placing catering orders for student leaders, this person will be accountable for ensuring engaging, efficient, and accurate task completion and maintaining a happy, functioning work environment.
The Office Manager will report to the Assistant Director and will work closely with the entire professional team. Ideal start date is July 1 but can be flexible for the right applicant.
What You’ll Do
General Office Support
• Answer the phones, greet visitors (including prospective students), and generally serve as the first face of the organization
• Maintain systems for reimbursements and payments, including tracking receipts for company credit card(s)
• Ensure that the website remains updated, including creating forms for registration
• Other administrative tasks as needs arise within our growing organization
• Oversee the Kraft Center’s calendar in partnership with the Student Life Associate to ensure that all student leader and staff needs are met
• Work closely with facilities personnel to ensure spaces are set as needed for programmatic use
Vendors & Catering
• Build and maintain relationships with key vendors and caterers
• Place all food and supply orders for Hillel professionals and student leaders
Grad Network Administrative Work
• Assist the Director of Graduate Student Life with administrative aspects of the Grad Network, including data entry, listserv maintenance, and supply ordering
• Attend Grad Network events (1-2 per week, some evenings and weekends) to assist with set up, registration, and clean up
What You’ll Bring to the Job
• Bachelor’s degree required and 0-2 years experience
• Some experience with Hillel/Jewish life a plus
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Exemplary time management skills, including the capacity to juggle competing priorities and deadlines, and to remain flexible within a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to follow complex instructions and quickly learn new procedures and systems
• Knowledge of essential computer software programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel, and the agility and resourcefulness to learn new technologies
• Discretion and appreciation of confidentiality.
• Strong drive and willingness to take initiative to complete each task to a high standard
What You’ll Receive
• Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace
• A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave
• Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
About Columbia/Barnard Hillel
Columbia/Barnard Hillel is an exciting, fast-paced, intellectually rigorous work environment. We are a high energy, dedicated team of professionals committed to enriching the Jewish experience of our students. Columbia/Barnard Hillel serves the undergraduate and graduate Jewish communities of Columbia University, Barnard College, and The Jewish Theological Seminary. There is a large and very active Jewish community based in the Kraft Center for Jewish Student Life and around campus.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Columbia/Barnard Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.