About Jewish National Fund-USA:
Unparalleled in the Jewish philanthropic world, Jewish National Fund-USA’s strategic vision has been and always will be, to ensure a strong, secure, and prosperous future for the land and people of Israel. Everything we do -- every project, initiative, and campaign we take on – is integral to our vision of building and connecting to our land. We plant trees, build houses and parks, source water solutions, buy fire trucks, and improve the lives of people with special needs. We boost tourism, support Aliyah, promote Zionist education and engagement, build medical centers and trauma centers, fund agricultural and culinary research, and run an American semester abroad high school in Israel. We do all these things because each project, each program, each partnership, is consistent with our strategic vision – population growth in the north and south, connecting the next generation to Israel, infrastructure development, ecology, forestation, heritage preservation, and more -- all for the land and people of Israel.
• An incredible mission backed by hundreds of thousands of partners, our donors, who support the land and people of Israel and Jewish people everywhere
• An enthralling 119-year history as one of the world’s oldest environmentally focused philanthropic organizations
• An inclusive, supportive, and collaborative work culture where we play as a team, support each other and nurture creative minds
• A bold One Billion Dollar Road Map for the Next Decade that’s creating infrastructure, environmental, and economic opportunities to attract 500,000 people to Israel’s Negev Desert and 300,000 people to the Galilee
• An active and engaged lay leadership that supports and guides our professional team and our organization’s direction
• Days off for certain Jewish holidays (in addition to the secular US holiday calendar) along with “3pm Fridays” during winter
• Opportunities to visit Israel
• Top-notch Healthcare plus Dental and Vision, employer-paid Life Insurance, and Short and Long-term Disability
• 403(b) and Generous Employer Contributions.
Jewish National Fund-USA seeks to recruit an Executive Director, Illinois responsible for developing and implementing short and long-term philanthropic and leadership development strategies with a significant focus on major gift fundraising.
The Executive Director, Illinois will lead all aspects of our fundraising and leadership development operations in Illinois including staffing and training and you will motivate our team in the region to achieve ever increasing goals. You will take a leadership role in board and volunteer development throughout your portfolio and will work with the Chief Development Officer to develop and implement fundraising strategies in alignment with the National Campaign Plan.
Additionally, you will personally manage a portfolio of donors and will allocate significant time to the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donor prospects.
Your energetic leadership will foster a culture of enthusiasm, partnership, teamwork and excitement to reach individual and community goals. Your team of professional fundraisers and lay leaders will understand how their work locally contributes to JNF-USA’S $1 Billion ten-year goal, and that together, we are building the land of Israel for today and the future of the Jewish people.
The successful candidate must be an experienced professional who is a "go-getter" and must combine sophisticated leadership with an entrepreneurial spirit. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, results-oriented, and have a clear passion for the JNF mission and Israel. Candidates may come from a variety of backgrounds such as having held a leadership role in the corporate sector, Senior Development Officer or equivalent in a nonprofit organization. Experience working with or serving on a Board of Directors is essential. The Candidate must be able to utilize the JNF Salesforce database to manage donor and prospect relationships.
Some travel in the United States and Israel will be required for meetings, training and to support missions and trips to Israel.
• At least 10 years of progressive responsibility and experience in fundraising, sales, or a client driven business
• Extensive experience working with senior-level executives
• Strong supervision skills
• Significant experience leading and growing successful fundraising/sales functions including building strategies to strengthen and increase funding from a diverse range of sources including individual donors, private corporations and philanthropic foundations
• Excellent decision-making skills and the ability to balance multiple data points, stakeholders, and overall funding landscape in designing and implementing fundraising strategies
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, as well as an interest in advancing the organizations fundraising function to be even more strategic, innovative, and results-oriented
• Strong communication skills including experience in presenting and public speaking
• Experience with Salesforce preferred or similar data management systems
This position is located in the Northbrook, IL office.