NEXTGen Detroit Senior Associate
About the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit:
As the primary instrument of Jewish philanthropy and engagement in the Detroit area, we are a community-driven organization committed to taking care of the needs of the Jewish People and building a vibrant Jewish future, in Metropolitan Detroit, in Israel, and around the world.
About NEXTGen Detroit:
With the goal of engaging and retaining the next generation of Jewish Detroiters, Federation developed NEXTGen Detroit, an innovative platform for transforming the community into a vibrant home for young Jews of every background and affiliation. Since its launch in 2012, NEXTGen Detroit has emerged as a national leader of young adult engagement and is now a model for Federations across North America.
NEXTGen Detroit’s mission is to grow and sustain metro Detroit as a home for Jewish individuals in their 20s and 30s. We are obsessed with creating meaningful opportunities for social, professional and cultural engagement and growth. As a core member of the NEXTGen Detroit team, the Senior Associate will develop and execute unforgettable programs, events and initiatives for a large and diverse group of community members across the city.
The NEXTGen Detroit Senior Associate position offers the right person a unique opportunity to make a meaningful difference in our community—as well as to explore, learn and grow as a professional.
Who are we looking for?
• A highly creative and entrepreneurial individual who is driven to succeed
• A team-player who can work well with a passionate group of professionals and lay leaders
• A self-starter who can manage a variety of tasks and details while serving a big-picture goal
• A community-minded individual who is committed to building a better Jewish future for young adults in Detroit.
• Work with NEXTGen Detroit staff and leadership to strategize, develop and implement innovative, exceptional programs and events
• Develop and lead events and programs on a variety of scales from intimate to enormous
• Host individual meetings with young adults looking to get involved with NEXTGen Detroit.
• Build strong and positive relationships within the NEXTGen Detroit community
• Develop and maintain programs and events with NEXTGen Detroit’s partners
• Cultivate effective relationships with board members, volunteers, donors and colleagues
• Build relationships with donors and solicit gifts at telethons and/or face-to-face meetings.
• Assist in all programs and identify new individuals for outreach
• Assignments may include support to or collaboration with other departments as needed
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Strong team player highly collaborative position.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
• Passionate about supporting and building a NEXTGen community while strengthening Jewish
identity and connection to Detroit Jewish life, Federation, and Israel.
• Strong cultivation/engagement skills and relationship building skills with the NEXTGen Detroit
community, including those who are unaffiliated and disengaged.
• Programming experience.
• Familiarity with Jewish culture and the Jewish community.
• Familiarity with social justice issues in Detroit, a plus.
• An ability to handle multiple projects efficiently and effectively.
• Must be able to work some evenings and some weekends
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media tools.
Click to apply: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx