Do you get excited when you fit everything from your to-do list into your calendar? Do you thrive on finding a great hotel and travel reservations at just the right time and price? Are you looking to be part of an organization that is impacting the lives of college students on a daily basis?
Hillel International is looking for an adaptable team-player who can manage several tasks and projects both independently and in a team-based environment. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Vice President and Managing Director of the Office of the President. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced setting, feels comfortable navigating complex priorities and proactively anticipates team needs. This candidate must be organized, professional, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Confidence, a calm demeanor, extreme attention to detail and a service-oriented mentality are all major qualities for success in this role.
The Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center, Hillel International’s headquarters, provides support to local Hillels to ensure that we achieve our mission “to enrich the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Office of the President in creating a comprehensive support system for the work of the CEO and President in supporting Hillel International’s vision and mission. If you’re seeking a collaborative, close-knit environment, please send us your resume for immediate consideration!
What You’ll Own
• Effectively manage the President and CEO’s calendar, including scheduling meetings and calls with multiple key stakeholders.
• Handle complex domestic and global travel bookings (including flight and hotel reservations)
• Communicate professionally with internal and external parties
• Periodically help plan events (both internal to the team and with external stakeholders)
• Support office tasks and errands; help with general office upkeep
• Learn from the collective experience of the team – developing knowledge in different areas of the organization.
What You Bring to the Position
• 2-5 years prior experience working on Capitol Hill or a non-profit is preferred.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to understand and manage multiple priorities at once
• Works well in a group setting and with multiple staff and priorities to support
• Comfortable with adapting to complexity in a growing and changing organization
• Ability to identify inefficiencies and create, test and implement new processes
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) and GSuite
• Excellent writing and communications skills
What You’ll Receive
• Competitive salary of $48,000 - $58,000.00.
• A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), and Flexible Spending Plan.
• 3 weeks of vacation leave and 3 weeks of sick time as well as parental leave.
• Opportunities for professional development and continuing education
About Hillel International
Founded in 1923, Hillel has been enriching the lives of Jewish students for more than 90 years. Today, Hillel International is a global organization that welcomes students of all backgrounds and envisions a world where every Jewish student makes an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel. Hillel is dedicated to enriching the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world. As the largest Jewish student organization in the world, Hillel builds connections with emerging adults at more than 550 colleges and universities and inspires them to direct their own path. During their formative college years, students are challenged to explore, experience, and create vibrant Jewish lives.
About Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center
Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center (SIC) which has multiple offices throughout the world including in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Jerusalem, helps local Hillels in the areas of institutional advancement, strategic planning, leadership development, fundraising, talent, fiscal administration, student engagement and communications.