The Edlavitch DC Jewish Community Center (EDCJCC) seeks a development professional to join our Development and Marketing Team. This position will report to the Director of Development and Marketing, and is responsible for the following:
- Support the Director of Marketing and Development, along with Executive and Director level staff of programs such as Theater J, JxJ (the Washington Jewish Film and Music Festival), and the Morris Cafritz Center for Social Responsibility, on implementing annual giving campaign strategies and plans.
- Process and manage all pledges, gifts, and contributions in fundraising database (eFinnestri/QuattroC) and on internal spreadsheets and records.
- Generate accurate and timely acknowledgement letters/tax receipts for all donations.
- Develop and support grant applications and proposal writing in collaboration with the team as needed.
- Support and help execute special events — including donor engagement events, board presentations, and special fundraising events; take minutes as needed.
- Collaborate with staff to pull donor reports and mailing lists from donor management and CRM systems.
- In coordination with Director level staff and Director of Marketing and Development, take the lead on special fundraising campaigns and events, such as annual appeals.
- Conduct prospect research on individual donors and identifying prospects for solicitation or upgrade.
- Work with Marketing and Communications Team to ensure regular donor recognition updates on the website, including creation of individual donation pages on website.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications team on all print and digital collateral.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Full time opportunity. General hours are Monday – Thursday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, 4:00 PM on Friday. Occasional evening/weekend hours required.
Commensurate with experience.
Qualifications, skills, and experience required:
- 2+ years of Fundraising / Data Systems experience, preferably in a complex non-profit environment
- Excellent writing skills and preferably first-hand experience with developing donor correspondence, marketing and stewardship emails, grant reports, and proposals
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and handle simultaneous assignments while adapting to changing deadlines, priorities and workflow with success and accuracy.
- Self-motivated person who takes initiative to begin and complete projects on their own, but also appreciates a highly collaborative work style.
- Friendly and flexible team player attitude with a willingness to pitch in on projects and tasks.
About the Edlavitch DCJCC
Guided by Jewish values and heritage, the EDCJCC engages individuals and families through its cultural, recreational, educational, and social justice programs by welcoming people of all backgrounds to connect, learn, serve and be entertained together in ways that reflect the unique role of the Center in the nation’s capital.