Naples Senior Center at JFCS
Naples Senior Center at JFCS supports and enriches the lives of seniors and their families in Collier and southern Lee Counties by providing tools to address life’s challenges. Services include the senior center, providing socialization and wellness activities, dementia respite support, geriatric case management, emotional support services and a food pantry. Naples Senior Center strengthens families and individuals of all backgrounds and beliefs, often at times of vulnerability and crisis—when they need help with life’s transitions, grief and loss, putting food on the table during difficult financial times, or a hot lunch with an opportunity to socialize.
Founded in 2014, Naples Senior Center was the first senior center in Collier County. Helping seniors struggling with isolation, loneliness and dementia, it has grown from its 80 original members to over 1,400 today. A new, larger facility is being planned and they are well on their way to reaching a $15 million capital campaign goal. The successful growth path has led to the need to expand its outstanding staff by creating a new Director of Development position.
The Director of Development is a full-time position that will report to the President and CEO. The organization will look to the Development Director to assess the opportunities and create and implement a fundraising plan with a particular focus on annual giving to meet the budget challenges brought on by rapid growth, as well as planned giving to build an endowment. He or she will also work closely with the CEO and board to identify and cultivate major gift prospects. This is a “hands-on” fundraising position, so the successful candidate will be willing to roll up their sleeves and work hard to secure the resources the Naples Senior Center needs to carry out its critical mission.
• Develop, implement and evaluate an annual comprehensive fundraising strategy.
• Manage the annual giving campaign, including direct mail, and broaden the base of donors.
• Identify and nurture relationships with members and volunteers to enhance opportunities for future support.
• Create a legacy program to build the endowment through planned giving.
• Coordinate fundraising events, including assisting the CEO in producing the signature gala event.
• Identify and pursue funding opportunities from foundation and corporate donors.
• Supervise the Development Database Manager.
Professional Qualifications & Personal Characteristics
• Passion for the mission of Naples Senior Center and commitment to providing the resources necessary to help seniors struggling with isolation, loneliness and dementia. Accordingly, a strong feel for working with senior citizens is a requirement for success.
• History of successful fundraising in annual giving, special events, grant writing, and planned giving.
• A collaborative team player who asks questions and is willing to accept direction and guidance from the CEO.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills—a person who is outgoing and not afraid to pick up the phone or meet with people.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Prior knowledge of the unique fundraising landscape of Naples would be viewed a plus.
Salary is competitive for the locale, with excellent benefits provided.
Naples Senior Center is an equal opportunity organization and does not discriminate against any person or groups of persons on the grounds of race, ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability.
To apply for this position, submit cover letter and resume to Steven Byers, the Moran Company.