The Director of Development and Engagement of Chizuk Amuno Congregation and Schools is the primary professional responsible for crafting, managing, and implementing our development growth strategies. This individual will identify, engage, cultivate, solicit, and steward current and prospective donors. The Director of Development will lead the initiative to expand and build financial support and stability for Chizuk Amuno Congregation and Schools. As part of the senior management team, he/she will interact with every facet of Chizuk Amuno including its clergy, staff, schools, foundation, and lay leaders.
Chizuk Amuno is a vibrant Conservative community located in Baltimore, Maryland. At Chizuk Amuno, individuals and families find meaning by engaging in the celebrations and wisdom of Judaism in our sacred community. In pursuit of this mission, Chizuk Amuno ascribes to the Rabbinic teaching: “The world is sustained through Torah – learning; Avodah – prayer and service; and Gemilut Hasadim – acts of loving kindness.” The Director of Development and Engagement will ensure that all philanthropic efforts align with this mission and guide our community in working together to build on our traditions and history and to continue on our path to reach our full potential.
• Grow a culture of relational philanthropy with our community and donors;
• Develop and execute strategies and processes for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for prospective and current donors and develop a calendar of relational touch points;
• Raise funds for scholarship, programming, and capital improvements at Chizuk Amuno Congregation and Schools, through direct mailings, email campaigns, video campaigns, online campaigns, direct solicitations, and parlor meetings;
• Seek and solicit foundational grants for key projects and manage the reporting for those grants;
• Partner with Kadima Annual Campaign Chairs along with the Director of Communications to create a comprehensive marketing strategy for the Congregation’s annual campaign;
• Partner with Clergy and lay leaders to solicit donors, track data, and report campaign progress;
• Work with Chizuk Amuno board members and other lay leaders to solicit gifts for the Chizuk Amuno Foundation;
• Initiate periodic review of all existing donor agreements and formalize new donor agreements;
• Hire, oversee and manage a development associate. Serve as supervisor and mentor on school development and event projects. Help to cultivate a more robust alumni database and giving culture;
• Plan, partner, and participate in donor-relation experiences for Chizuk Amuno Congregation and Schools through special events including Chizuk’s 150th Anniversary, Chizuk Amuno and Schools’ Israel Trip 2020, other special trips and “thank you” events for our donors;
• Report at progress meetings with the Senior Rabbi, staff, lay leaders;
• Partner with the Board’s Vice President for Development and Development Committee to achieve the congregation’s development goals by meeting regularly and creating a cohesive lay-professional team;
• Support development initiatives at the board level by helping to select, orient, train and develop Board members to become effective fundraisers for the congregation and schools.
• 5 years or more of relevant experience with integrated campaigns that include annual gifts, multi-year gifts, and planned gifts highly desirable
• Possess an understanding of the Jewish community and Jewish values
• Have stellar inter-personal skills and relationship building knowledge
• Experience developing and sustaining meaningful relationships with donors, board members, lay leaders, staff, and the community
• Proven project management skills
• Demonstrated record of accomplishment generating results of increased philanthropic giving
• Proficient in managing and interpreting development data and working with development data bases
• Experience managing large-scale campaign programs (> 0.5M dollars) with a diverse volunteer base
• Must be able to work flexible hours
• Excellent written and oral communication and computer skills
• Web/social media development experience a plus
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover l************************ Equal Opportunity Employer and will not take into consideration the race, gender, age, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation or identification, or any other protected class of any applicant for this position.