RSNS is located in Plandome, New York, in northern Nassau County (Long Island), about 35-40 minutes from Manhattan by rail. Our membership is diverse and our programming and community engagement are expansive, including the vital religious and nursery schools.
RSNS is a leading congregation in the Reconstructing Judaism movement, which emphasizes Judaism as the evolving religious civilization of the Jewish people. RSNS was founded in 1960 and has approximately 340 membership units, two full-time Rabbis (one of whom also serves as the Synagogue School Director), a full-time Cantor, and a Director of the Gan Shalom Nursery School.
Please read about our mission and programming on our website RSNS.org.
RSNS is committed to fostering a sense of community, where Jewish living is creative, inclusive, joyful and intergenerational; where children are nurtured and treasured; where we emphasize value based learning and social justice, and reach out beyond our congregation to help improve the world; and where Jewish tradition and culture inform the present.
We are currently seeking a part time Full Charge Bookkeeper
Skills and Qualifications
• Associate’s degree in accounting, 4 year degree preferred
• Quickbooks and Microsoft office suite experience required
• 2 years experienced in full charge hands on bookkeeper role
• Previous nonprofit experience or membership based organization experience a plus
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion as needed
• Ability to take ownership of the accounting cycle.
• Ability to multitask and work in fast paced office.
• Weekly/Monthly account reconciliations
• Prepare bi-weekly payroll
• Assist in HR matters
• Assist in preparation of annual budget
• Vouch invoices and prepare check runs
• Record donor contributions
• Prepare monthly reports for board of directors
• Ad-hoc reporting as needed