Senior Associate, Policy and Government Relations
Job Title: Senior Associate, Policy and Government Relations
Reports To: Government Relations Manager
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Washington, D.C.
Israel Policy Forum has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Associate, Policy and Government Relations. A non-profit, nonpartisan organization, Israel Policy Forum works to advance a two-state solution as the only viable path to maintain Israel as a Jewish and democratic state, always assuring Israel’s security.
With more than a dozen talented and passionate team members based in New York, Washington, D.C., and Israel, the successful candidate will join a historic organization with a start-up mentality.
Established in 1993 with the support of the late Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, Israel Policy Forum has re-emerged as an important resource for policymakers and community leaders alike. The organization is increasingly utilized by those seeking thoughtful analysis and credible information on key issues impacting a future two-state solution, U.S. diplomacy and the U.S.-Israel relationship. The organization convenes unique educational roundtables with key Israeli and American partners to engage a diverse array of American Jewish leaders, organizes leadership delegations to Israel and the region, and develops innovative educational program partnerships with institutions nationwide. Meanwhile, Israel Policy Forum’s young professional program, IPF Atid, is poised to continue its rapid growth engaging influencers of the next generation.
The Senior Associate, Policy and Government Relations will support Israel Policy Forum’s Government Relations Manager and Policy Director to execute the organization’s Capitol Hill and political engagement strategy, and contribute to Israel Policy Forum’s policy analysis and strategy.
The Senior Associate, Policy and Government Relations will share the organization’s vision of a secure, Jewish, democratic Israel, bring a passionate commitment to Israel Policy Forum’s core values, and have a strong desire to be a leader at the forefront of efforts to engage community leaders and policymakers in a more constructive, pragmatic discourse about Israel and the efforts to preserve and advance a two-state solution.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building and maintaining relationships to advance Israel Policy Forum’s Capitol Hill engagement efforts, including conducting policy-focused meetings with congressional staffers;
- Tracking Israel Policy Forum’s congressional engagement efforts, including records of congressional meetings, relationships, successes, and impact;
- Planning and supporting government relations initiatives, such as events and programs on Capitol Hill, fly-ins, briefings, StaffDels, and programs on the sidelines of the Democratic and Republican National Convention;
- Scheduling Capitol Hill meetings, and composing and sending correspondence to Capitol Hill regarding Israel Policy Forum policies and materials;
- Collaborating with the IPF Atid young professionals program and other Israel Policy Forum constituencies in productively engaging with elected officials, campaigns, and political parties in Washington, D.C. and around the country;
- Communicating about Israel Policy Forum initiatives and positions, including speaking at public and private gatherings to a diverse array of policy and Jewish communal audiences and writing for internal and external audiences.
- Strong passion for Israel Policy Forum’s vision, mission, values, and work is a must;
- In-depth knowledge of Israel-related issues,the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and the U.S.-Israel relationship;
- Relevant professional experience in government relations, Capitol Hill, campaign/committee, Administration, or other commensurate experience;
- Familiarity with Congress, the legislative process, and the U.S. political system;
- Excellent writing, editing, speaking, and interpersonal skills;
- Rigorous attention to detail and demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a fast-moving team;
- Willingness to travel;
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
The salary range is $55,000 - $70,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits include generous paid time off; health, dental and vision benefits; and a 401(K) match.
Israel Policy Forum is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Please submit resume, cover letter and the names and contact information for three references*********************