FUNCTION SUMMARY: A Jewish Student Connection (JSC) Coordinator is part of the Programming Department of JEWISHcolorado. This position focuses on impacting teens in making meaningful personal connections with Jewish culture, Jewish people, Israel – and each other in a public-school environment.
REPORTS TO: Director of Teen Engagement
• Create and implement opportunities for immersive Jewish experiences.
• Collaborate with the Director of Teen Engagement and other JSC staff to implement JSC vision.
• Explore options for club expansion into other high schools
• Order Food and Manage Relationships with vendors
• Organize weekly club & program materials
• Enter student data into the CRM Database (DAVID)
• Attend clubs in a supportive role & connect with teens
• Support in JSC administrative tasks
• A ‘self-starter’ with the ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
• A strong work ethic, and the ability to take calculated risks and learn from both successes and failures.
• Open and ongoing communication with JSC Staff.
• Passionate about working with high school students and nurturing the next generation of Jewish leaders.
• A deep passion for building pluralistic Jewish communities and creating a welcoming, vibrant Jewish environment.
• The ability to manage multiple clubs and projects simultaneously.
• Usage of own personal car for events & activities (mileage to be reimbursed)
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience with working & connecting with teens. Strong Jewish background is a plus.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Position Type: 40 Hours per week, exempt, qualifies for all benefit packages
Working Conditions: This position requires regular weekday work hours as well as some nightly & weekend programming, community-partnered programming, meetings, and active participation in programs that occur outside of a traditional work schedule.