Director of Early Childhood Education
Temple Beth Zion Beth Israel, a thriving, dynamic, egalitarian, Conservative Jewish community of more than 450 households in Philadelphia, seeks a warm, dynamic and experienced administrator to serve as its Early Childhood Education Director beginning January 27, 2020. Our ideal Director will have knowledge of, and commitment to a Reggio-inspired, play-based philosophy and commitment to Jewish-infused content and engagement. The director will supervise approximately 14 staff members and provide year-round leadership to approximately 70 children during the 10-month school year and our 8-week summer camp. Our preschool plays an integral role in our synagogue community, and we are looking for a Director who has the commitment and vision to effectively lead our program and integrate the program with the activities and membership of our synagogue. This Director should have a passion for teaching Jewish values and traditions to children and their families.
The Director is responsible for managing all aspects of preschool and summer camp, including administration, operation and budget management, admissions and marketing, and day-to-day teacher and team management, and familiarity with DHS licensing regulations.
Specifically, the Director will:
1. Hire, supervise and coach teachers and delegate responsibilities;
2. Continue to develop our Reggio-inspired, play-based curriculum infused with Jewish content;
4. Actively facilitate the relationship between the preschool and congregation;
5. Create and implement programming for families with young children and new family outreach;
6. Coordinate and implement fundraising plans in concert with parents and synagogue staff;
7. Lead admissions process for preschool and camp and market and promote the school to the community, including through social media;
8. Ensure compliance with state and city licensing requirements.
Our Director should possess the following qualifications:
1. BA in Early Childhood Education (MA preferred);
2. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in teaching and the administration of Early Childhood Education;
3. Understanding of guided play, Reggio Emilia philosophy, and emergent curriculum;
4. Excellent time management and communication skills with flexibility to adapt to changing needs.
1. Salary commensurate with experience;
2. Opportunities for paid professional development;
3. Health benefits; including medical, dental, and vision
4. Vacation and Sick days
Interested candidates should email a letter of introduction and C.V. with s*********************