The ARK, a non-profit social service agency serving the Chicagoland Jewish community, seeks a part-time Marketing Associate. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support for The ARK’s marketing and fundraising projects.
High energy, a solid work ethic, and an outgoing demeanor are necessary for building and maintaining strong community relationships and advancing The ARK’s presence in the Chicagoland Jewish community. This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing, with primary focus on weekly, monthly and seasonal marketing activities.
REPRESENTATIVE FUNCTIONS OR DUTIES
• Assist in creation and execution of seasonal marketing campaigns
• Create social media posts using static images, relevant news articles and periodic smartphone videos.
• Participate in maintenance and upkeep of website and other electronic media
• Write blogs and articles as needed
• Track social media and website analytics and evaluate associated strategy
• Communicate with donors, clients and volunteers through monthly e-newsletter
• Assist in capital campaign and donor development events
• Work with Marketing Director on day-to-day marketing activities as needed
• Assist with grant research
• Other duties as may be assigned and developed
• Bachelor’s Degree, with marketing knowledge and interest
• Organized, with strong aptitude for detail and prioritization
• Strong calendar management, preventing time conflicts and setting appropriate deadlines
• Excellent writing skills
• Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with a strong sense of integrity
• Overall internet and computer literacy and proficiency with MS Word and Excel (WordPress and Canva a plus)
• Familiarity with Jewish customs, traditions and holidays