The American Society for Yad Vashem (ASYV) was established in 1981 by a group of Holocaust survivors, spearheaded by Eli Zborowski z”l, to support the crucial efforts of Yad Vashem. ASYV advances the mission of Holocaust education and remembrance by hosting social, educational and fundraising events in the United States. With the support of our donors, next generation and third generation families, ASYV is able to strengthen the efforts of Yad Vashem as together we remember the past and shape the future.
The American Society for Yad Vashem is looking for an experienced development self-starter who can combine skillful leadership and development/major gift experience to expand the presence of ASYV on the West Coast. This person will be responsible for raising funds by utilizing a variety of strategies including face-to-face solicitations, parlor meetings and major events in their designated area and in the region as a whole that will encompass donor cultivation and solicitation and fulfillment events and raise awareness of Yad Vashem in Israel and the American Society for Yad Vashem.
A successful candidate will be someone with:
• Bachelor’s degree required,
• At least 5-7 years management experience in a non-profit;
• Proven track record of creating and executing effective fundraising strategies for diverse revenue streams, with success in soliciting and closing several major gifts annually from individuals, foundations and corporations;
• Track record of building long-term, productive relationships with donors and philanthropic institutions;
• Demonstrated ability for handling multiple, complex fundraising initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced environment;
• Superb relationship management, interpersonal, and communication (written and oral) skills, including the ability to inspire and hold accountable diverse internal and external stakeholders (including funders, peers, Yad Vashem team, board members and supporters);
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
• Commitment to quality work, relentless and keen attention to detail, strong organizational and time management skills; the ability to meet daily deadlines and balance competing priorities in a complex environment requiring significant collaboration;
• Ability to deal with confidential information discreetly, ethically and prudently;
• A strong and demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service and quality improvement is essential; and
• Knowledge and interest in preserving Holocaust history.