Title: Recruitment Coordinator BGU International Programs
Reports to: Director of Strategy and Marketing, BGU International Programs
Worker Classification: Nonexempt
BGU International Programs markets the portfolio of 52 different English Language programs offered at Ben Gurion University of the Negev (BGU) to students in the US and Canada. We are looking for an energetic, dynamic and passionate individual to be the person on the ground as we spread the word about all the amazing opportunities at BGU.
Based out of the New York Office of American Associates of Ben Gurion University (AABGU), this role will report to the Director of Strategy and Marketing, International Programs.
The only Israeli university created by government mandate, BGU was established in 1969 with a mission to be an engine for the development of Israel’s Negev region.
BGU was inspired by the vision of Israel’s first Prime Minister, David Ben-Gurion, who believed that the future of Israel lay in the Negev region, a desert area comprising more than 60 percent of the country.
Today, BGU is a world-renowned institution of research and higher learning that has transcended the boundaries of academia to create a new model of education and research that impacts people’s lives in the Negev region, throughout Israel and around the world.
With some 20,000 students and campuses in Beer-Sheva, Sde Boker and Eilat, BGU is truly an oasis of innovation, leading research in cyber and homeland security; alternative energy; desert and water research; global health; medical technologies; Israel studies, culture and Jewish thought; and high-tech and robotics.
• In partnership with the Director of Strategy and Marketing, International Programs, build and implement outreach and recruitment strategies bases on partnerships with University career centers and study abroad offices, student groups, local Hillel’s, Israel Fellows on campus and other organizations.
• Responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing a comprehensive graduate and undergraduate admissions recruitment strategy including public speaking, travel in and out of state, attending fairs and community events (may include weekends)
• Recruit students at the undergraduate and graduate level to study in Israel
• Fielding inquiry calls and emails from potential students, parents and applicants
• Assisting students with applications, processing of admission files, and advising on scholarships
• Working closely with and under the supervision of the main office in Israel to see files through to completion, to report on progress to the director and staff, and liaising on new updates
• Develop quarterly and annual reports for tracking recruitment activities and program expenditures
• Develop program literature
• Other responsibilities, as assigned from time to time
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 3 years relevant work experience
• Fluency in English required, Hebrew a plus
• Participated in a prior immersive program in Israel or abroad is a plus
• Experience and knowledge of Israel, its people and culture is a plus
• Prior experience in engaging with students and young adults
• Has recent knowledge or an exposure to the University setting, particularly with student clubs, associations and initiatives
• Exceptional leadership, time management, administrative, interpersonal communication and organizational skills
• Proactive, collaborative, energetic, organized, service-oriented, strong interpersonal skills, flexible, willing to “roll up one’s sleeves and get hands dirty,” curious, problem solver
• Must have valid driver's license and be comfortable driving in new cities, Travel: 10-20%
• Legally authorized to work in the United States
• Comfortable with using MS Office and Salesforce
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.