The Synagogue Community Partnership Liaison is an exciting position which combines clinical and programmatic skills to support area synagogues in addressing mental health and social service issues. The Liaison will provide assistance and guidance to congregants, clergy, and professional and lay leaders at partner synagogues in the Lakeview and Edgewater neighborhoods of Chicago, expanding to other geographic areas over time.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Builds and maintains positive, collaborative working relationships with partner synagogues.
- Provides consultation to congregational professional and lay leadership on social service and mental health issues in the community.
- Assesses needs and connects congregants and community members to appropriate social service and mental health resources.
- Plans, coordinates and facilitates community education and support programs and professional trainings in collaboration with partner synagogue(s).
- Shares information about JCFS and community resources with the congregation(s).
- Works independently and works collaboratively with JCFS colleagues and community partners.
QUALIFICATIONS: (KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES)?
- Master’s Degree in social work or a related field preferred.
- Clinical and/or case management experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement and program development.
- Strong ability to work, interact and communicate effectively with rabbis and Jewish community leaders across the denominational spectrum.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills to ensure competing priorities are completed in a strategic and thoughtful manner.
- Knowledge of Chicago-area Jewish and wider community resources.
- As this position requires visits to locations which may or may not be accessible by public transportation, the ability to travel independently within the Chicago metropolitan area is required.
JCFS Chicago offers an array of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness, Paid sick and vacation time, Agency holidays, Pension, 403(b), Flexible Spending Plans, and Life Insurance.
Please visit us at http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx
JCFS Chicago is committed to serving the needs of the diverse Chicago metropolitan area. Accredited by COA, Charter member of CWLA, Licensed by DCFS
JCFS Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. JCFS provides a reasonable accommodation to those who need assistance in completing this application