JCFS Chicago is seeking a skilled bereavement professional with significant program development and supervisory experience to manage our Grief, Illness and Chaplaincy services in the Jewish Community. The Manager will have the opportunity to expand programming and services to support the community in times of loss and illness.
The Manager will have the responsibility of guiding, providing, and strategically envisioning loss, illness, suicide prevention, and spiritual (including Jewish chaplaincy) programs and services to support Jewish individuals, families and communities.
- Develop and facilitate bereavement and other related support groups. Connect grieving and ill community members to appropriate agency and area resources. Provide consultation to agency staff about illness, death and bereavement.
- Develop and implement educational programs for professionals and for the Jewish community related to illness, loss, chaplaincy and healing.
- Partner with area synagogues to meet the needs of their congregants related to loss and illness.
- Oversee Chaplaincy services and supervise the Chaplaincy Coordinator and on-call chaplains.
- Expand partnerships with area hospices and other organizations to better serve the needs of the Jewish community in times of grief and illness.
- Masters’ Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or equivalent from an accredited College/University
- Clinical bereavement/loss expertise required; 3 plus years experience preferred
- 3 years program development and supervisory experience
- Knowledge of Jewish death and mourning laws and traditions
- Strong organizational, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Minimum 2 years program oversight and staff supervision experience
- Comfortable working across the diverse denomination, affiliation and geographic Chicago-area Jewish community
- Flexibility with scheduling including significant evenings and Sundays
- Ability to travel to various sites
JCFS Chicago offers an array of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness, Paid sick and vacation time, Agency holidays, Pension, 403(b), Flexible Spending Plans, and Life Insurance.
Please visit us at http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx
JCFS Chicago is committed to serving the needs of the diverse Chicago metropolitan area. Accredited by COA, Charter member of CWLA, Licensed by DCFS
JCFS Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. JCFS provides a reasonable accommodation to those who need assistance in completing this application