We are seeking someone who thrives on creative challenge, exudes energy and is motivated by collaboration and team-building. This is a great opportunity to work closely with the dynamic staff and clergy of Dallas' largest synagogue, a vibrant Reform community with a strong history and an equally strong vision for the future. The associate will work in a modern, forward-looking department that is constantly evolving to meet the needs of the congregation’s diverse community. The job is focused primarily on digital marketing and engagement, with responsibilities in all areas of the department’s portfolio.
• Development and management of social media and growth of the congregation's audience.
• Co-lead Temple’s podcast channel by scheduling guests and hosts, as well as producing and distributing the event.
• Management of tedallas.org, Temple Emanu-El’s public-facing website, including text updates, page creation, calendar entries, blog entries, homepage and posting of sermons.
• Strategic vision for and preparation of The Weekly congregational email
• Preparation of weekly service handouts
• Helping to shape and gather content for The Window, the synagogue’s monthly magazine, by working with staff to find great stories
• Creating and editing video to support event marketing throughout the year
• Working within the greater Dallas community to make sure Temple events are shared on appropriate calendars.
• Production design, with mentoring and instruction by the graphic designer
• Strong writing skills, including editing and proofreading.
• Ability to work on many projects at once, meeting multiple deadlines.
• Comfort with the mission of Temple Emanu-El and a willingness to keep learning about Jewish customs.
• Tech-savvy with the desire to keep trying new things in the digital marketing space
• Familiarity and experience with social media content and management.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, social media, editing software, Constant Contact