The Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center (JCC) is seeking an enthusiastic, organized and team-oriented Camping Services Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Camp Interlaken, this full time position serves as support for all aspects of Camp, its families and its mission. This position is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin from September through May and at Camp Interlaken in Eagle River, WI from June through August. Responsibilities include camper registration, clerical duties that include answering the main Camp telephone, managing and responding to general email inquiries, and administering the Camp instant-messaging tool as well as management of the camp offices.
The JCC is a non-profit social services agency founded upon Jewish ethics and values. Committed to meeting the ever-changing needs of the entire community, the JCC strengthens Jewish identity and enriches quality of life through diversified social, educational, recreational, and cultural programs. Operating out of six facilities throughout Wisconsin, the JCC provides the total community with a forum for open dialogue and offers inclusive wellness, education, and community services for members and guests of all backgrounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Serve as the front line for customer service to our families, seasonal staff, donors and alumni
* Maintain and lead the effort of timely communication with external stakeholders; including parents, campers, staff, alumni, lay leaders and community partners
* Manage the initial intake and lead process for potential new campers including scheduling and management of recruitment events throughout the country
* Coordinate all aspects of the camper registration process from inquiry to registration
* Collect all receivables for camp registration and manage accounts payable in partnership with the Accounting team
* Manage camper and staff forms as well as well as all requirements as dictated by the American Camp Association
* Own and develop an expertise in the management of the camper database, CampMinder
* Produce accurate and ongoing reports for camper enrollment, retention and other key reporting statistics
* Coordinate all transportation for campers, staff, and luggage for the summer season
* Attend and manage camp departures and returns in Milwaukee
* Manage both the summer camp office and the year-round office
* Follow the JCC’s Positive Rules of Communication
* Perform the "Manager On Duty" duties as assigned on a weekly and annual basis.
* Assume responsibilities as assigned for JCC special events
* Perform other duties and assume additional responsibilities as needed
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements (KSAs)
• Demonstrated skills in time management, organization, problem solving, emotional maturity, perseverance, flexibility and discretion.
• Ability to work with confidential data and maintain the same.
• Ability to promote high ethical standards.
• Proficient with MS Office products and database management
• Exceptional level of customer service and professionalism with consistent follow through and strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; customer-service orientation with specific strength in diplomacy and discretion.
• Ability to effectively problem solve
• Dedication to continued personal learning and professional development
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Minimum 1-year experience providing customer service administrative support