Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC’s Global Communications Department seeks an energetic and highly capable Communications Coordinator to help manage the workflow of the department and provide administrative support to the Managing Director of Global Communications.
The specific responsibilities outlined below are not exhaustive. The ideal candidate will be a utility player—able to identify new opportunities as they arise and work collaboratively to develop and execute them.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to begin a career in the field of marketing and communications and learn firsthand about content marketing, advocacy communications, fundraising communications, and social media.
The Communications Coordinator does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
• Satisfy branding and promotional material requests from AJC’s regional and international offices;
• Manage AJC’s master communications calendar;
• Field requests from donors and public;
o Including emails received via the Contact Us form on the AJC website
• Coordinate annual department retreat;
• Manage media database of videos and photos;
• Manage online eBook database;
Direct Mail and Membership Fundraising Campaigns
• Manage updates to Raiser’s Edge records and outside direct mail vendor mailing lists;
• Prepare and process mailing lists for direct mail;
• Assist Director of U.S. Communications with project management of direct mail packages, including creation of timelines, meeting coordination, and other tasks, as needed.
Handle administrative requirements of the department and of the Managing Director of Global Communications, including:
• Maintain the Managing Director’s calendar and scheduling meetings and conference/videoconference calls for the department;
• Field incoming calls and messages;
• Edit complex documents and spreadsheets;
• File, copying, and handling incoming and outgoing mail;
• Coordinating travel;
• Manage expenses;
o Process invoices for payment
o Prepare expense reports
o Reconcile corporate credit card expenses
• Additional administrative needs, as needed.
• Bachelor's degree
• Two or more years’ experience
• Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Commitment to AJC’s global mission and familiarity with the Jewish community
• Flexible work style with the ability to work late when required
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, especially across all levels of the organization, and pleasant demeanor
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Motivated self-starter capable of working independently as well as within a team environment
• Track record of demonstrating sound judgment by making appropriate decisions and knowing when to take initiative
• High level of professionalism with the ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
• Comfort and familiarity with Microsoft Office
• Understanding of online communications technologies
• Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge is preferred
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.