Our Common Destiny, a joint initiative of Genesis Philanthropy Group and the Israeli Ministry of the Diaspora, under the auspices of the President of Israel, is seeking a Project Manager.
We are looking for an individual who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a complicated and global team structure. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex priorities and providing administrative support, is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, thrives in a fast-paced environment, is a good problem solver and is exceedingly organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position. We seek a driven professional who is eager to provide the professional leadership with the support needed in implementing this next stage of Our Common Destiny.
About Our Common Destiny
The goal of Our Common Destiny is to strengthen global Jewry by linking Jewish communities all over the world to a shared set of ethics and values across religious and cultural identities. This will be accomplished through creating, building and crowdsourcing a global intellectual framework in the form of a declaration that will seek and incorporate input from the widest possible scope of Jews from around the world. This document seeks to serve as the intellectual and practical framework for reimagining, and indeed, rebuilding the relationship with Israel and the Diaspora for the foreseeable future. This project, along with the first draft of the document itself, was formally launched in September 2019 in Jerusalem by President Rivlin along with in the presence of dozens of carefully picked thought-leaders, practitioners and visionaries (formally called Scholars) from six continents. Following President Rivlin’s formal launch of the project, Genesis Philanthropy Group is seeking a Project Manager to lead the next stage of this project. In this next stage, Our Common Destiny will take the document itself, and the ideas expressed in the document, to the global Jewish community by sparking discussions and debates on the topics of Declaration of Our Common Destiny and the future of Jewish unity at dozens of convenings and conferences and partnering with major global and local organizations to insure wide participation in the project. We also intend to host special events planned especially by our Scholars and Advisory Board members around the world. Following the input, feedback and debates at these fora, along with utilizing cutting-edge crowdsourcing technology online, we will conclude this stage with a formal signing ceremony of the revised and crowdsourced document at the office of President Rivlin in late 2020.
1. Project Management – Supports goal attainment by prioritizing activities, assigning responsibilities in accordance with capabilities, monitoring progress, and evaluating impact.
2. Innovation – Participates in the generation, experimentation, and implementation of new approaches and activities that support Our Common Destiny’s mission and improve Our Common Destiny’s ability to carry out this mission.
3. Communication – Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the project and its core stakeholders.
4. Change Capacity – Leads self and others through change by navigating ambiguity appropriately and adapting well to new situations, environments, stakeholders, obstacles, and opportunities.
5. Values – Demonstrates in word and action Our Common Destiny and Genesis Philanthropy Group’s values of diversity, inclusion, understanding and compromise. This is always met with an unprecedented commitment to Our Common Destiny’s core mission of unifying the Jewish People.
1. Aid the Program Director in systematically recording the progress of the project in accordance with the strategic plan
2. Play a central role in coordinating logistics and necessary administrative support of Our Common Destiny sponsored events and collaborative events locally, nationally and around the world
3. Provides staff consultation and administrative assistance for the Program Director as needed
4. Works cooperatively with Our Common Destiny Staff, Steering Committee, Content Team and relevant stakeholders by attending weekly staff meetings as well as aiding the Senior Project Manager in creating comprehensive and actionable agendas/meeting minutes that push the project forward in alignment with the priorities of Genesis Philanthropy Group
5. Works with Israeli and American PR Firms to design and produce content and to develop social media strategies for reaching and engaging organizational partners as well as the global Jewish community
6. Monitor and record the Content Team’s engagement and progress both with the document and external stakeholders
About Genesis Philanthropy Group
Genesis Philanthropy Group (GPG) is a global family of foundations, co-founded by Mikhail Fridman, an international businessman, investor and philanthropist and his business partners. GPG focuses its work on three areas of critical importance to the Jewish people around the world: strengthening bonds and common understanding between Jews living in Israel and throughout the world; strengthening Jewish identity of Russian-speaking Jews worldwide; and supporting pillar Jewish organizations of the United Kingdom Jewish community in their efforts to provide meaningful and innovative opportunities for Jewish engagement to children, young families and young adults.